Yes, that is correct that as of January 1, 2016 the core set and software will be merged together into one product. This will eliminate the need for additional software licenses and or buying a separate product to go with the core set bricks. You need the two products together, so this is why we are merging them to create one product.
As a result, the core set price will increase slightly. However, this is to take into account that the software product is now included. There will also be no activation code necessary when downloading the software starting January 1, 2016.
Regarding the Android app, this is currently in production and will be released the first half of 2016. There will also not be an activation code for the Android app. As of 2016, no more activation codes for EV3 software or apps.
Denmark - LEGO Education HQ in Billund
Digital Marketing Manager - MINDSTORMS
- Export programs to PC/MAC software and tablet
- Add comments to your programs
- Context help on programming blocks
- Sound block: Record your own sounds and playback from EV3 Brick
- Hardware Page: Reset motor encoders and manually configure sensor/motor setup, when no EV3 Brick is connected
- Bug fixes